We’re looking for a Sr. Product Designer to join our team in Chișinău. Our offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, and Chișinău develop the product, design, engineering, marketing and content for Crunchyroll and VRV — we are media and technology experts, and we lead with our digital-first DNA to create experiences for our passionate communities.
About the Team
The Product Design department is a global team with members in both the Chișinău and San Francisco offices. We design the client apps and websites for the Crunchyroll and VRV services on desktop, tablet, mobile phone, and TV devices. Our goal is a consistent and seamless user experience across all these platforms. As a complement to business, product, and engineering, we collaborate closely with teams across the organization to identify the right problems to solve and ensure that our solutions satisfy the goals of both the business and the end user.
About the Role
As a Product Designer at Ellation you will be working with the Product Team, UX Research, and other Product Designers to create products that amaze and delight our users. Your designs should show a deep understanding of the industry, our competitors, and most importantly empathy for our users. You will think through complex problems and use your design expertise to provide solutions that provide our users with a fantastic user experience that is both beautiful and functional.
- Bachelor’s degree in interaction design/graphic design/new media or equivalent experience
- Strong portfolio showcasing design work that has shipped as well as your design process.
- 5-8+ years of professional design experience
- A user-centered approach to designing software and services for people
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems, guidelines, and other best practices
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using JIRA and Confluence
- Understanding and up to date experience with modern web application technologies, including responsive web, native iOS/Android app design, and Living Room Devices
- Expert skills in modern design programs like Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to set and juggle priorities to focus on the most important issues
- Excellent communication skills. Will be responsible for, with other design team members, explaining their thinking for the designs they create. Will also be responsible for communicating these ideas outward across the organization and to upper-level management.
- Excellent storytelling skills to present and communicate your work
- You have an interest in anime, pop culture, animation, video games, tech and geekdom
- You have knowledge of the online video streaming space
A day in the life of our Sr. Product Designer:
- Empathise with our user’s needs and work with product to define, design, and implement product-effective solutions
- Work with our UX Research Team and Interaction Designers to create prototypes, test both new and existing product features and iterate on them
- Work with Interaction Designers to communicate micro-interactions within your designs to your product team (Engineers, Product Owners, etc). Sometimes may be required to produce your own animations as examples
- Partner with product, engineering, and research to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive user experience across our entire product ecosystem and across various platforms
- Help mentor other designers and improve their skills and product design thinking
- Own the product design and vision on multiple features from end to end. Work with your team to improve and iterate on designs and ensure that the final design is well executed, and a positive user experience
- Lead large scale features that require complex interactions and the creation of new design system elements
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Catered lunch 4x/week
- English courses
- Free access to the company’s onsite gym
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Frequent social and office events
Nivelul de carierăstudent
Nivelul de studiilicența